Seize the opportunity to lead, innovate, and excel as the Chief Engineer at the all-new Cambria Hotel Lake Placid! We are looking for a qualified, well-rounded, enthusiastic team player that is passionate and committed to providing an exceptional experience. Since this is a new build, the Chief Engineer will take responsibility for the overall maintenance of the hotel, including grounds, pool, building, hotel & kitchen equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, and safety.
- Responsible for Maintaining all facilities within the hotel. (Guestrooms, Public Space, Back of House including Kitchens, and Offices)
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling, tracking, and evaluating preventative maintenance programs per Choice Brand Standards.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and interdepartmentally with other managers (including Housekeeping, Front Office, Sales, and Food & Beverage).
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
- Responsible for managing hotel building and equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water, electrical and life safety systems.
- Establishes and manages an effective room maintenance program.
- Leads and provides regular on-going communication with associates in order to create awareness of business objectives, expectations and to recognize performance.
- Recommends and/or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment with General Manager approval.
- Selects, recommends and obtains approval for orders/purchases of new equipment, parts, supplies, and furnishings.
- Guides and supervises the day-to-day operations of Engineering and Maintenance. prioritizing tasks and projects, delegating resources.
- Responsible for maintaining Property Standards complaint with the Choice Brand Standards.
- Conducts property walkthroughs; Assists General Manager in inspecting and evaluating the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
- Provides emergency response services 24/7; is on-call for emergency situations requiring hands-on leadership and guidance.
- Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, dishwasher) as necessary, providing ongoing training and development of associates to handle future tasks and projects.
- Ensures all associates have the proper supplies, equipment, PPE and uniforms.
- Ensures Exceptional Guest Service and leads by example to WOW our Guests.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent guest service, offering suitable service recovery as needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations and employee relations.
- Trains team members in safety procedures and holds them accountable for adherence to policies.
- Provide leadership for up to 1-2 maintenance team members.
- Prior hotel Chief Engineer experience.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment/refrigeration preferred.
- Reliable with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with common computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft office).
- Must be willing to work rotational work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Cambria Hotel Lake Placid - Lakeside Resort is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.