The Cambria Lake Placid Hotel is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician! As part of the Maintenance team, this position performs all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer/Engineering Supervisor, to maintain a safe, attractive, and efficiently operated hotel. He/she is responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for giving our guests the best hospitality experience you can by:
- Completes maintenance requests in a timely manner. Works on improvement projects and preventative maintenance programs as directed.
- Performs Suite Care, to maintain suites for guest satisfaction.
- Performs exterior property maintenance, such as carpentry repair, painting, and all other functions necessary to the facility.
- Exhibits friendly, caring attitude toward guest and co-workers.
- Consistently leaves maintenance slip in guest suite when work is completed.
- Practices safety throughout work shift by removing/correcting and hazards identified.
- On call (emergency) rotation and works close with the housekeeping department.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with Company dress code and wearing a nametag when working.
- Always maintain a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must always be attentive, courteous, and efficient in the dealings with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Routinely communicate with the Housekeeping Manager and all other employees on issues of maintaining the property in excellent condition.
- Communicate with other hotel staff to accommodate special guest requests.
- Comply with compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical structure and grounds of the hotel property in like-new condition, including landscaping, walkways, pool area and sport courts, as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Assign or handle maintenance requests, improvement projects and develop preventative maintenance programs.
- Must be able to use two-way radios, telephones, general office equipment and various types of maintenance equipment.
- Follow compliance with company standards, safety rules, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Have working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous hotel or related field maintenance experience is required.
- A working ability with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry is needed, and formal training in at least one of these disciplines is preferred.
- English skills are required.
- All state and local age and licensing requirements must be met prior to operating and handling any hand or power tools, torches, chemicals, etc., as well as for driving the hotel van.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Long and flexible hours are sometimes required.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Ability to reach overhead, utilize both hands, bend over, and stoop and kneel.
- Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during their shift.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions, guidelines, and work objectives as set forth by the hotel management.
- Must be able to understand the potential hazards and subsequent procedures involved in working around commercial chemical agents and various types of machinery.
- Must use common sense and integrity in ensuring the security of guest belongings while working in occupied suites.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed and self-directed environment.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
Cambria Lake Placid Hotel is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.