Hotel General Manager
Come work and play in the beautiful Adirondacks! We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptionally talented and motivated Resort General Manager to lead the operation of our brand-new Cambria Hotel and Lakeside Resort in Lake Placid, NY.
Exhibit your expertise in this hands-on position, having the opportunity to motivate a winning team while ensuring the hotel becomes Lake Placid’s #1 hotel destination. Bring your organizational skills, enthusiasm, and passion for the hotel business to new heights with this role!
As the General Manager of the hotel, you will be responsible for the overall management and operation of the property, including the hotel restaurant and banquet operation. You will ultimately provide impactful leadership by accomplishing performance objectives focused on hotel business goals -profitability, guest and associate satisfaction, operational efficiencies, and community leadership.
- Develops and executes an operational strategy aligned with the brand and ownership business strategy.
- Keeps team members focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and desired financial results; makes and executes key decisions to keep property moving forward towards the achievement of goals.
- Continually communicates a clear and consistent message focused on operational goals to achieve vision for product and service delivery on property.
- Champions the brand’s vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the property Leadership team and staff.
- Leads by example, trains, and demonstrates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the hotel’s target customer, ensuring core elements of service strategy are in place to produce desired results.
- Is highly visible and interfaces with guests on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction
- Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity, and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Ensures operations managers develop a departmental orientation program and appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures managers cross-train staff to support successful daily operations.
- Creates appropriate development plans and develops staff based on their individual strengths, needs, career aspirations and abilities.
Sales and Revenue Management
- Functions as Chief Sales Officer, providing support and input to the sales effort, and driving the overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas to gain market share.
- Balances sales goals and commitments with operational ability to deliver against them.
- Works with Director of Sales to set strategy and goals and motivates individuals to achieve these goals and maximize performance.
- Minimum 5 years General Manager experience, specifically at resort properties.
- Food and Beverage knowledge and experience including banquet services.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with an elevated level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Ability to stay calm and effective under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multiple competing demands.
- Prior hotel opening experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year