Sales Manager - Cambria Hotel Lake Placid
The all-new Cambria Hotel Lake Placid is seeking an experienced and motivated Sales Manager. The successful candidate will develop and foster business through proactive outbound sales efforts in the Corporate, Association, and Tour and Travel segments. Sales efforts will include accounts nationally, with a focus on Upstate New York. The goal of this position is to grow Group sales for the hotel and gain market share while fostering repeat business and client referrals. This position is located in Lake Placid, NY, candidates living in nearby markets may have the ability to work a hybrid remote schedule. This position also has the potential to earn additional performance bonuses.
- Prospecting new business opportunities in the assigned segments.
- Clear and consistent communication with inside and outside partners.
- Timely and professional responses to clients via phone and email.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively, be self-motivated, establish personal goals and plans and have a keen eye for detail.
- Effectively manage and monitor all group sales and meeting details in partnership with the Catering & Event Manager. Track and detail all aspects of the group including room blocks, meeting space, concessions, commission, cut-offs, and all other aspects of the group.
- Attend networking events throughout the region including, but not limited to, Chambers of Commerce as well as Event Planner organization events.
- Work with the internal team to evaluate group opportunities that best maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Possess a full understanding of hotel amenities, room types, meeting space offerings and policies.
- Consistently achieve sales activity and revenue goals including site tours, sales calls (phone and personal), appointments and closed business.
- Become knowledgeable about the sales system, PMS and all hotel sales and marketing strategies.
- Participate in all required training and organizational meetings required for this position.
- Work in a collaborative, unified manner that fosters strong teamwork and embody an entrepreneurial spirt that enables one to make the best possible decision for the hotel and achieve the team’s overall goals.
- Own your career development and be an advocate for training and growth opportunities.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by the Director of Sales & Marketing and the General Manager and seek to comply with all policies and procedures.
- Associate degree or higher preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in hotel sales or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player with excellent guest relations skills.
- Maintain professional working relationships and promote open lines of communication with team members and clients.
- Be organized, energetic and persuasive.
- Ability to effectively negotiate, as well as prioritize and multi-task.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work and to client appointments.
Cambria Hotel Lake Placid - Lakeside Resort is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.